Stationary Motions of Mechanical Systems with an Infinite Number of Degrees of Freedom
The report is devoted to the study of mathematical models of dynamics of mechanical systems with an infinite number of degrees of freedom, which has been recently carried out by a group of scientists headed by V. G. Demin. A contemporary approach to the study of motions of continuous systems is based on the functional analysis. In this case the motion equations are treated as ordinary differential equations in Banach spaces. The apparatus of differential equations in Banach spaces makes it possible to consider the problem on the basis of a maximally wide class of functions including generalized solutions of the problem stated. Bearding in mind the above, the authors have considered behaviour of different infinite-dimensional mechanical systems in the vicinity of stationary modes of motion.
KeywordsManifold Eter Rium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Klimov, D. M.; Markeev, A. P.: Dynamics of a nonhomogeneous elastic ring in the gravitational field. Moscow: Preprint No.331, Institute for Problems in Mechanics, the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.Sidorenko, V. V.: Evolution of fast rotations of an elastic ring in the gravitational field. Moscow: Preprint No. 93, Institute of Applied Mathematics, the USSR Academy of Sciences, 1987.Google Scholar
- 3.Chernous’ko, F. L.: Shamaev, A. S.: Asymptotics of singular perturbations in the problem of dynamics of the rigid body with elastic and dissipative elements. Trans, of the USSR Academy of Sciences, Mechanics of Rigid Bodies No. 3 (1985), 33–42.Google Scholar
- 4.Vilke, V. G.: Analytical and qualitative methods of mechanics of systems with an infinite number of degrees of freedom. Moscow: Moscow University, 1986, 192.Google Scholar
- 5.Moiseev, N. N.; Rumyantsev, Y. Y.: Dynamics of bodies with cavities containing liquid. Moscow: Nauka, 1965, 4–39.Google Scholar
- 6.Movchan, A. A.: On stability of motion of continuous bodies. The Lagrange theorem and its inversion. Eng. col. Vol. 29 (1968), 3–20.Google Scholar
- 9.Movchan, A. A.: On Lyapunov’s direct method in problems of stability of elastic systems. Appl. Mathem. and Mech. Vol. 23 (1959) No. 3, 489–493.Google Scholar
- 10.Vladimirov, V. A.: On instability of equilibrium of nonhomogeneous liquid when potential energy is not minimal. Appl. Mathem. and Mech. Vol. 52 (1988) No. 3, 415–422.Google Scholar
- 12.Furta, S. D.: On the loss of equilibrium of a flexible unstre-tchable thin rod with one fixed end in the gravitational field. The Moscow University Bulletin, ser. 1, mathem, mech., No. 6, 37-42.Google Scholar