Nonlinear Instability Induced by Creep
A nonlinear analysis of creep-induced instability phenomena associated with bifurcation and snap-through buckling is presented. The study concerns the response of the viscoelastic materials with fading memory. The obtained solutions afford a consistent examination of the time-dependent critical conditions and post-critical characteristics. The concept of the useful life of structures subjected to creep buckling is discussed.
KeywordsCreep Property Link Model Creep Function Fading Memory Symmetric Bifurcation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kempner, J.: Viscoelastic buckling. Handbook of Engineering Mechanics. Flugge, W. (ed.) New York: McGraw-Hill Book Co. 1962.Google Scholar
- 4.Odquist, F.K.G.: Creep stability of bars, plates and shells. Stability. Leipholz, H.H.E. (ed.) Waterloo (1972) 199–242.Google Scholar
- 5.Samuelson, L. A.: Creep collapse of structures. Collapse analysis of structures. Sobel, L. H.; Thomas, E. (eds.) New York, A.S.M.E. (1984) 137–151.Google Scholar
- 7.Hult, J.: Creep buckling and instability. Creep of engineering materials and structures. Bernasconi, G.; Piatti, G. (eds.) London: Appl. Sci. Pub. (1978) 133–145.Google Scholar
- 8.Souza, M.A.; Bittencourt, T.N.: Visco-elastic effects on the vibration of structural elements lible to buckling. Recent developments in buckling of structures. Hui, D.; Birman, V.; Bushneil, D. (eds.), PVP-Vol. 18, New York: ASME (1989) 55–60.Google Scholar