Creep Continuum Damage Mechanics—Studies of Size Effects and Weldments
The paper summarizes the development of constitutive equations for creep Continuum Damage Mechanics, CDM, in metals; and solution methods are discussed for notched and cracked specimens which are identical in geometry, but different in size; and, for weldments which include three material zones. In both cases it is shown that, to achieve accurate predictions, it is essential to use constitutive equations, which accurately reflect the underlying physics of the dominant processes.
KeywordsDamage Rate Creep Rupture Creep Crack Growth Creep Strain Rate Continuum Damage Mechanic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Hayhurst, D.R., Brown, P.R., Morrison, J.: Creep Crack Growth, Phil. Trans. R. Soc. Lond., A, 311, (1984), 130–158.Google Scholar
- Hall, F.R.: Development of Continuum Damage Mechanics Models to Predict the Creep Deformation and Failure of High Temperature Structures, PhD. Thesis, University Sheffield, (1990)Google Scholar
- Hayhurst, D.R., Morrison, C.J., Brown, P.R.: Creep Crack Growth, Creep in Structures, 1980 (IUTAM Symposium, Leicester, UK) (ed. A.R.S. Ponter & D.R. Hayhurst), p.564, (1981), Berlin: Springer-Verlag.Google Scholar
- Hall, F.R., Hayhurst, D.R.: Modelling of Grain Size Effects in Creep Crack Growth using Non-local Continuum Damage Approach, (in press)Google Scholar
- Cane, B.J.: Collaborative Programme on the Correlation of Test Data for High Temperature Design of Welded Steam Pipes. Presentation and Analysis of Material Data, CEGB Lab. Note No. RD/L/210IN81, March (1981)Google Scholar
- Dunne, F.P.E., Othman, A.M., Hall, F.R., Hayhurst, D.R.: Representation of Uni-Axial Creep Curves using Continuum Damage Mechanics, To Appear, I. J. Mech. Sci. (1990)Google Scholar
- Hall, F.R., Hayhurst, D.R.: Creep Continuum Damage Mechanics. Modelling of High Temperature Deformation and Failure in a Pipe Weldment, (in press).Google Scholar