Effects of Laminar-Turbulent Transition in Separation Bubbles
The experimental data on interactions of disturbances of laminar flow during the transition to turbulence in separation bubbles are reported. The considerations are devoted to subharmonic excitation and an effect of artificially excited oscillations on “natural” spectrum in separation bubbles.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Browand, P. K. An experimental investigation of the instability of an incompressible separated shear layer. JFM, 1966, v. 26.Google Scholar
- 2.Miksad, R. W. Experiments on the nonlinear stages of free shear layer transition. JFM, 1972, v. 56.Google Scholar
- 3.Sato, H. Puther investigation on the transition of two-di- mensional separated layers at subsonic speed. Journ. Phys. Soc. Japan, 1959, v. 14.Google Scholar
- 4.Kachanov, Yu. S.; Levchenko, V.Ya. The resonance interaction of disturbances at laminar-turbulent transition in a boundary layer. JFM, 1984, v. 138.Google Scholar
- 5.Boiko, A.V.; Dovgal, A.V.; Kozlov, V. V. Nonlinear interactions of disturbances by the transition in a laminar separated boundary layer. Proc. of Siberian Branch USSR Acad, of Seien. Ser. Tech. Seien. 1988, N°18, v. 5 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.Gilev, V.M.; Kozlov, Y. Y. The technique for introduction of two- and three-dimensional wave-packets in a boundary layer. Preprint of ITAM SB USSR Acad, of Scien., 1980, N°2 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.Gilev, V.M.; Kachanov, Yu. S.; Kozlov, V.V. Evolution of spatial wave-packet in a boundary layer. Preprint of ITAM SB USSR Acad, of Scien. 1981, N°34–81 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 8.Gilev, V.M.; Dovgal, A.V.; Kachanov, Yu. S.; Kozlov, V.Y. Evolution of spatial boundary layer disturbances in a pressure gradient flow. Proc. of USSR Acad, of Seien., Pluid Mechanics, 1988, N°3 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 9.Nayfeh, A. H.; Ragab, S.A. Effect of a bulge on the secondary instability of boundary layers. AIAA-87-0045.Google Scholar
- 10.Monkewitz, P.A. Subharmonic resonance, pairing and shredding in the mixing layer. JFM, 1988, v. 188.Google Scholar
- 11.Kozlov, V. V. Interrelation of the flow separation and stability. In: Laminar-Turbulent Transition, Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar