Numerical Simulation of Separated Unsteady Flows of Viscous Compressible Gas
The unsteady flow of the compressible viscous gas past two coaxial cylinders put together (Fig. 1) is investigated using the implicit iterative scheme  for full unsteady Navier-Stokes equations. It is shown that the flow picture in the recirculation region depends on the amplitude and the frequency of the oscillations of freestream parameters. The critical value of amplitude is determined at which the recirculation flow is destroyed. The aerodynamic performances are determined as the functions of the parameters governing the unsteady process in the freestream.
KeywordsUnsteady Flow Strouhal Number Recirculation Region Aerodynamic Performance Recirculation Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Paskonov, V.M., Petukhova, T. P.; Rusakov, S. V. Application of the one implicit iterative scheme for the solution of unsteady Navier-Stokes equations. Calculated mathematics and mathematical support of the computer. Moscow University Press 1985 ( in Russian).Google Scholar
- 2.Kokoshinskaya, N. S.; Pavlov, B. M.; Paskonov, V.M. The numerical research of supersonic viscous flows past the bodies. Moscow University Press 1980 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 3.Paskonov, V.M.; Polezhaev, V. I.; Chudov, L. A. The numerical simulation of heat-and-mass transfer. Moscow, Science 1984 154–164 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 4.Potapova, N. A.; Rusakov, S. V. The building of irregular grids with the help of cubic spline. Moscow University Press 1981 22–30 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 5.Artamonova, M. S.; Paskonov, V.M. The axial flow of the supersonic oscillating viscous gas past the cylinder. The actual questions of applied mathematics. Moscow University Press 1989 212–222 (in Russian).Google Scholar