The Frequency-Dependent Deformation of the Hall Plateaus
We calculate the Hall conductivity in the low frequency limit for a 2d model of independent electrons in the tails of the density of states between the disorder broadened Landau levels. It is shown that there are corrections to the quantized values of σ yx which are proportional to ω2 and to the number of localized states in a given tail of the band. We relate our theoretical results to microwave experiments on GaAs-AlGaAs heterostructures.
KeywordsLandau Level Hall Conductivity Lower Landau Level Lower Landau Level Microwave Experiment
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- O. Viehweger, K.B. Efetov, submitted to J. Phys.C.Google Scholar
- F. Kuchar, R. Meisels, G. Weimann, W. Schlapp, Phys.Rev. B22, 2965 (1986).Google Scholar
- L.A. Galchenkov, I.M. Grodnenskiš, M.V. Kostovetskiš, O.R. Matov, JETP Lett. 46(11), 542 (1987).Google Scholar
- I. Affleck, J. Phys. C17, 2323 (1984).Google Scholar
- R. Kubo, M. Toda, N. Hashitsume, Springer Series in Solid-State Sciences 31, Berlin, Heidelberg (1985).Google Scholar