Design of Laminated Composites under Time Dependent Loads and Material Behaviour
In the design of laminated composites it is necessary to define a large number of design variables and manifold objective functions or multicriteria objective functions. The question is: are we able to solve all the arising problems economically on the FEM-level, or should we split some tasks so that we can handle them on a local sublevel (fig.1)? The advantage is that we can reduce the effort significantly when operating on a sublevel; the weak point is, however, the definition of FEM-level-corresponding constraints and the design of corresponding objective functions. This means we try to introduce decoupling conditions between the FEM- and local level of optimisation. The analysis procedure on the local level may be defined according to the used elements, the aspect ratio or the location of the load measurement points.
KeywordsManifold Posites Exter Olin Wolfram
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Schapery R.A., Stress Analysis of Viscoelastic Composite Materials, J. Composite Materials, Vol. 1 (1967), p. 228Google Scholar
- Whitney J.M., Pagano N.J., Shear Deformation in Heterogeneous Anisotropic Plates, Journal of Applied Mechanics, December 1970, p. 1031Google Scholar
- Argyris J.H., Doltsinis J.St., Knudson W.C., Vaz L.E., Wiliam K.J., Numerical Solution of Transient Nonlinear Problems, Proc. FENOMECH 78, Part II, North-Holland Publishing Company, Amsterdam, 1978, p. 341Google Scholar
- Schmit L.A., Mehrinfar M., Multilevel Optimum Design of Structures with Fiber-Composite Stiffened-Panel Components, AIAA Journal, Vol. 20, No. 1, p. 138Google Scholar
- Watkins It.I., Morris A.J., A Multicriteria Objective Function Optimization Scheme for Laminated Composites for Use in Multilevel Structural Optimization Schemes, Comp. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng. 60, 1987, p. 233Google Scholar
- Eschenauer H.A., Multicriteria Optimization Techniques for Highly Accurate Focusing Systems, in Multicriteria Optimization in Engineering and in the Sciences, Plenum Press, New York, edited by Wolfram Stadler, 1988, p. 309Google Scholar
- Ehrenstein G.W., Polymerwerkstoffe, Struktur und mechanisches Verhalten, Hanser Verlag, München, 1978Google Scholar