Synthesis and Properties of a New Fluoropolymer Obtained by Cyclopolymerization
Unconjugated 1,5- and 1,6-dienes are known to undergo intramolecular-intermolecular polymerization or cyclopolymerization to form polymers with cyclic mainchain structure1) , but a very few are reported about cyclopolymerization of fluoro- or perfluorodienes. Perfluorodienes with a general formula CF2=CF-(CF2 x CF=CF2 (x=1 to 4) and CF2=CFCF2 CFCℓCF2 CF=CF2 are reported to be cyclopolymerized under extreme high pressure (e.g.13.6katm) and gamma radiation, to yield amorphous soluble polymers2) . Perfluorinated divinylether with the formula of CF2 =CFOCF2 CF2 OCF = CF2 is also reported to be cyclopolymerized, but to form a gel containing polymer under the monomer concentration exceeding 12%3) (Scheme 1).
KeywordsBenzene Chlorine Pyrolysis Vinyl Fluorine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1).Butler GB, Encyclopedia Polymer Sci. Techn., 4Google Scholar
- 2).Wall LA, Fluoropolymers, Wiley-Science, 4, High Pressure Polymerization,127Google Scholar
- 3).USP 3418302 Du PontGoogle Scholar
- 4).Japan Patent 60–45619 Asahi GlassGoogle Scholar
- 5).Japan Open 1–113328 Asahi GlassGoogle Scholar
- 6).Japan Open 63–238111 Asahi GlassGoogle Scholar
- 7).Satokawa T et al, Fussojushi, Nikkan Kogyo Shinbunsha, p.29Google Scholar