Redundant Robotic Manipulators II: Learning Dynamics Via Repeated Trials
The paper presents the basic ideas and results underlying a learning methodology for the improvement of the quality of motion planned on the basis of the mechanism presented in /1/, for the case of redundant systems. The learning mechanism is based on the use of repeated trials of execution of the given task.Results concerning the conditions for convergence are presented and also discussed on the basis of some simulation examples.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- /1/.S. Mussa Ivaldi, P. Morasso, R. Zaccaria: “Redundant Manilpulators: Regularizing by Mechanical Impedance”, NATO Workshop on Kinematic and Dynamic Issues in Sensor Based Control, Il Ciocco, Italy, Oct. 25–31, 1987.Google Scholar
- /2/.G. Casalino, G. Bartolini: “A Learning Procedure for the Control of Movements of Robotic Manipulators” IASTED Symp. on Robotics and Automation, Amsterdam, June 1984.Google Scholar
- /3/.G. Casalino, G. Bartolini: “A Learning Approach to the Control of Robotic Manipulators” ANIPLA Conf. Genoa, Dec. 1985.Google Scholar
- /4/.G. Casalino, L. Gambardella: “Learning of Movements in Robotic Manipulators”, 1986 IEEE Conf. on Robotics Automation, S. Francisco, April 1986.Google Scholar
- /5/.G. Casalino, L. Gambardella, P. Bondi: “On the Iterative Learning Control Theory for Robotic Manipulators”, IEEE Journal on Robotic and Automation, to appearGoogle Scholar
- /6/.G. Casalino: “Control of Robotic Manipulators via a Trial and Error Approach”, Technical Report DIST, 1984.Google Scholar
- /7/.S. Arimoto, S. Kawamura, F. Miyasaky: “Bettering Operation of Robots by Learning”, Journal of Robotic Systems, 1984.Google Scholar
- /8/.S. Arimoto, S. Kawamura, F. Miyasaky: “Can mechanical Robots Learn by Themselves?”, in “Robotic Research”, the Second Int. Symp., MIT Press, 1985.Google Scholar
- /9/.J.J. Craig: “Adaptive Control of Manipulators Through Repeated Trials”, Proc. of the 1984 American Control Conference, San Diego, June 1984.Google Scholar