Quasi-Hopf Algebras and Knizhnik-Zamolodchikov Equations
This paper is a brief exposition of . In §1 we remind the notion of quasitriangular Hopf algebra which is an abstract version of the notion of R-matrix. In §2 the notion of quasitriangular quasi-Hopf algebra is introduced (coassociativity is replaced by a weaker axiom). In §3 we construct a class of quasitriangular quasi-Hopf algebras using the differential equations for n-point functions in the WZW theory introduced by V.G.Knizhnik and A.B.Zamolodchikov. Theorem 1 asserts that within perturbation theory with respect to Planck’s constant essentially all quasitriangular quazi-Hopf algebras belong to this class. A natural proof of Kohno’s theorem on the equivalence of two kinds of braid group representations is given. In §4 we discuss applications to knot invariants. In §5 the classical limit of various quantum notions is discussed.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V.G. Drinfeld. Quantum groups. Proc.ICM-86(Berkeley), vol.1, 798–820. Amer.Math.Soc., 1987.Google Scholar
- 2.L.D. Faddeev. Integrable models in (1+1) -dimensional quantum field theory (Lectures in Les Houches, 1982), Elsevier Science Publishers B.V., 1984.Google Scholar
- 3.R. Lawrence. A universal link invariant using quantum groups (preprint). Mathematical Institute, Oxford University, 1988.Google Scholar
- 4.N.Yu. Reshetikhin. Quasitriangular Hopf algebras and invariants of tangles. Algebra and Analysis, vol.1 (1989), N2, ( Russian).Google Scholar
- 6.V.G. Drinfeld. Quasi-Hopf algebras. Algebra and Analysis, to appear. (Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.P. Deligne and J. Milne. Tannakian categories. Lecture Notes in Math., vol.900, 101–228. Springer, 1982.Google Scholar
- 10.G. Moore and N. Seiberg. Classical and quantum conformal field theory. Preprint IASSNS-HEP-88/39. Princeton, IAS, 1988.Google Scholar
- 11.T. Kohno. Quantized universal enveloping algebras and monodromy of braid groups. Preprint, Nagoya University, 1988.Google Scholar
- 13.E. Witten. Quantum field theory and the Jones polynomial. Preprint IASSNS-HEP-88/33, Princeton, IAS, 1988.Google Scholar
- 14.R. Penrose, W. Rindler. Spinors and space-time, vol.1, Cambridge University Press, 1983.Google Scholar
- 15.L. Alvarez-Gaume, C. Gomez and G. Sierra. Quantum group interpetation of some conformal field theories. Preprint CERN-TH- 5267/88. Geneva, 1988.Google Scholar
- 16.G. Moore, N. Reshetikhin. A comment on quantum group symmetry in conformal field theory. Preprint IASSNS-HEP-89/18. Princeton, IAS, 1989.Google Scholar