An Auto-Calibration System for Vision-Servoed Robots
This paper presents an eye-to-hand calibration scheme for visually-servoed robot systems. The visual servoing technique in this study involves maneuvering the robot to grasp a randomly oriented workpiece. The focus of the calibration scheme is to minimize the offset between the achieved end-effector position and the desired position. The proposed method statistically derives a transformation matrix whose coefficents compensate for the robot and camera inaccuracies which create the positional offset.
KeywordsAssure Lawson Timothy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- R. Y. Tsai, “An Efficient and Accurate Camera Calibration Technique for 3D Machine Vision”, Proc. IEEE Conference on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition, pp. 364–374, 1986.Google Scholar
- K. D. Gremban, G. E. Thorpe, and T. Kanade, “Geometric Camera Calibration Using Systems of Linear Equations”, Proc. IEEE Conference on Robotics and Automation, pp. 562–567, 1988Google Scholar
- Y. C. Shiu and S. Ahmad, “Calibration of Wrist-Mounted Robotic Sensors by Solving Homogeneous Transform Equations of the Form AX-AB”, IEEE Transactions on Robotics and Automation, Vol. 5, No. 1, Feb. 1989.Google Scholar
- B. R. Davies and W.E. Red, “Part Relative Robot Inaccuracy Compensation Using Kinematic and Stochastic Modeling”, Proceeding of the Second International Conference, San Diego, California, pp. 330–337, July 28–31, 1987.Google Scholar
- W. K. Veitschegger and C. H. Wu, “Robot Calibration and Compensation”, IEEE Journal of Robotics and Automation, Vol. 4, No. 6, Dec. 1988.Google Scholar
- S. A. Hayati, “Robot Arm Geometric Link Calibration”, Proc. 22nd IEEE Conf. on Decision and Control, pp. 1477–1483, Dec. 1983.Google Scholar
- D. E. Whitney, C. A. Lozinski, and J. M. Rourke, “Industrial Robot Calibration Method and Results”, Proc. 1984 Int. Computers in Engineering Conf. and Exhibit, Vol. 1, pp. 92–100, 1984.Google Scholar
- F. G. King, G. V. Puskorius, F. Yuan, R. C. Meier, V. Jevabalan, and L. A. Feldkamp, “Vision Guided Robots for Automated Assembly”, Proc. IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 1611–1616, 1988.Google Scholar
- R. Y. Tsai and R. K. Lenz, “Real Time Versatile Robotics Hand/Eye Calibration Using 3D Machine Vision”, Proc. IEEE Conf. on Robotics and Automation, pp. 554–561, 1988.Google Scholar
- J. J. Graig, “Introduction to Robotics Mechanics and Control”, Massachusetts: Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, 1986.Google Scholar
- W. H. Press, B. P. Flannery, S. A. Teukolsky, and W. T. Vetterling, “Numerical Recipes: The Art of Scientific Computing”, Cambridge University Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- G. H. Foesyth and C. B. Moler, “Computer Methods for Mathematical Computations”, Prantice-Hall, New Jersey, 1977.Google Scholar