Canonical Quantization of Singular Theories
We construct here a formal operator formulation of a singular theory. In tackling this problem we shall bear in mind that there are many physically equivalent classical theories which can describe a physical system. Hence one may believe that all the quantum theories corresponding to these classical theories must also be physically equivalent and that to construct the quantum theory for a given physical system, it suffices to ”quantize” one of the corresponding physically equivalent classical theories.
KeywordsQuantum Theory Green Function Canonical Variable Ward Identity Functional Integral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.2A.A. Vasiliev: Functional Methods in Quantum Field Theory and in Statistics ( Leningrad State University Press, Leningrad 1976 )Google Scholar
- 3.3E.S. Fradkin: Proc. of Tenth Winter School of Theoretical Physics in Karpacz, Acta Univ. Wratisl., No. 207 (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.4E.S. Fradkin, GA. V lkovisky: Prepr. CERN, Ref. TH. 2332 (1977)Google Scholar
- 3.6E.S. Fradkin: in Problems of Theoretical Physics: In Memoriam of IE. Tamm ( Nauka, Moscow 1972 ) p. 146Google Scholar
- 3.7R.E. Kailosh, I.V. Tyutin: Nucl. Phys. 17, 183 (1973)Google Scholar
- 3.8LD. Faddeev. VN. Popov: Phys. Lett. 25B, 30 (1967)Google Scholar
- 3.9M.A. Naimark: Theory of Group Representation ( Nauka, Moscow 1976 )Google Scholar