Core-Level Spectroscopy in High-Tc Superconducting Materials
By theoretically analyzing the core-level spectra, such as X-ray photo-emission (XPS) and X-ray absorption (XAS), with the use of the impurity Anderson model, we discuss the electronic structure of high Tc superconductors and some related materials. From Cu 2p-XPS we obtain the information on the charge transfer energy from 0 2p to Cu 3d states and on the hybridization strength between these states. The polarization dependence of Cu 2p-XAS and 0 1s-XAS provides us with the most direct information on the site and the symmetry of doped holes. An analysis of X-ray emission spectra is also made using the same model system.
KeywordsSpectral Shape Polarization Dependence Dope Hole High Energy Side Charge Transfer Energy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Core-Level Spectroscopy in Condensed Systems, ed. J. Kanamori and A. Kotani ( Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1988 ).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Bianconi, A. Clozza, A. Congiu Castellano, S. Della Longa, M. De Santis, P. Delogu, A. Gargano, R. Giorgi, P. Lagarde, A. M. Flank and A. Marcelli, Proceedings of the Adriatico Research Conference on High Temperature Superconductors, ed. Y. Lu, M. Tosi and E. Tosatti (World Science, Singapore, 1987) p. 853.Google Scholar
- 8.P. Kuiper, G. Kruizinga, J. Ghijsen, M. Grioni, P. J. Weijs, F. M. F. de Groot, G. A. Sawatzky, H. Verweij, L. F. Feiner and H. Peterson, Phys. Rev. 838, 6483 (1988).Google Scholar
- P. Kuiper, M. Grioni, G. A. Sawatzky, D. B. Mitzi, A. Kapitulnik, A. Santaniello, P. de Padova and P. Thiry, to be published in Physica C.Google Scholar
- 14.K. Okada and A. Kotani, to be published in J. Phys. Soc. Jpn.Google Scholar
- 20.A. Kotani, H. Ogasawara, K. Okada, B. T. Thole and G. A. Sawatzky, to be published in Phys. Rev. B.Google Scholar
- 22.Y. Seino, K. Okada and A. Kotani, unpublished.Google Scholar
- 23.T. Takahashi, private communication.Google Scholar