Effective Hamiltonian for High-Tc Cu Oxides
Effective Hamiltonian has been derived for CuO2 layers in the presence of extra holes doped mainly into O-sites by taking both on-site and intersite Coulomb interactions into account. A special case with a single hole has been examined in detail. It is seen that there exist bound states below the hole band continuum with various types of the spatial symmetry and spin multiplicity. The spatial extent of Zhang-Rice singlet and the effective transfer integrals between these two singlet states have been found to be sensitive to the relative magnitudes of the direct and indirect transfer integrals between O-sites. Effective Hamiltonian in the case of electron doping is also derived.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- G. Sawatzky, this proceeding.Google Scholar
- H. Fukuyama, H. Matsukawa and Y. Hasegawa, J. Phys ibid 58 No.8 (1989).Google Scholar
- H. Matsukawa and H. Fukuyama, submitted to J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. (ISSP Tech. Rept. No.2141.) (1989).Google Scholar
- A. Ramsak and P. Prelovsek, preprint.Google Scholar
- P.W. Anderson this proceeding.Google Scholar
- P.A. Lee, preptint; this proceeding.Google Scholar
- M. Imada, this proceeding.Google Scholar