Flux Dynamics and Electronic Anisotropy in High-Tc Superconductors
The dissipation below Tc in external fields up to 12T has been studied in five groups of high temperature cuprates. The dissipation is due to Lorentz-force driven flux motion and is least pronounced in the compound with the smallest electronic anisotropy (Ba2YCu3O7). A crossover temperature Tx is defined at which the effective activation energy for flux motion is ~kT. This Tx is material specific. An H-T phase diagram is presented for Ba2YCu3O7 and Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8 demonstrating the qualitative similarities and quantitative differences in the dissipation behavior in these two compounds.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .A. P. Malozemoff, L. Krusin-Elbaum, D. C. Cronemyer, Y. Yeshurun and F. Holtzberg, Phys. Rev. B38, 6940 (1988).Google Scholar
- T. K. Worthington, Y. Yeshurun, A. P. Malozemoff, R. M. Yandrowski, F. H. Holtzberg and T. R. Dinger, J. de Physique (to be published).Google Scholar
- K. Kitazawa, S. Kambe, A. Fukuoka, I. Tanaka and H. Kojima (preprint, Japn. J. Appl. Phys.) Google Scholar
- N. Kobayashi, H. Iwasaki, H. Kawabe, K. Wakanabe, H. Yamane, H. Kurosawa, H. Masumoto, T. Hirai and Y. Muto (preprint).Google Scholar
- A. F. Hebard, P. L. Gammel, C. E. Rice and A. F. J. Levi (to be published).Google Scholar
- A. F. Hebard and T. T. M. Palstra (Proc. Stanford Conf. M2S—HTSC).Google Scholar
- Y. Iye, S. Nakamura and T. Tamegai (to be published).Google Scholar
- A. P. Malozemoff, T. K. Worthington, E. Zeldov, N. C. Yeh, M. W. McElfresh and F. Hotzberg (this volume).Google Scholar