Flux Dynamics and Electronic Anisotropy in High-Tc Superconductors
The dissipation below Tc in external fields up to 12T has been studied in five groups of high temperature cuprates. The dissipation is due to Lorentz-force driven flux motion and is least pronounced in the compound with the smallest electronic anisotropy (Ba2YCu3O7). A crossover temperature Tx is defined at which the effective activation energy for flux motion is ~kT. This Tx is material specific. An H-T phase diagram is presented for Ba2YCu3O7 and Bi2Sr2CaCu2O8 demonstrating the qualitative similarities and quantitative differences in the dissipation behavior in these two compounds.
KeywordsArrhenius Plot Flux Line Effective Activation Energy Crossover Temperature Dissipation Maximum
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- .A. P. Malozemoff, L. Krusin-Elbaum, D. C. Cronemyer, Y. Yeshurun and F. Holtzberg, Phys. Rev. B38, 6940 (1988).Google Scholar
- T. K. Worthington, Y. Yeshurun, A. P. Malozemoff, R. M. Yandrowski, F. H. Holtzberg and T. R. Dinger, J. de Physique (to be published).Google Scholar
- K. Kitazawa, S. Kambe, A. Fukuoka, I. Tanaka and H. Kojima (preprint, Japn. J. Appl. Phys.) Google Scholar
- N. Kobayashi, H. Iwasaki, H. Kawabe, K. Wakanabe, H. Yamane, H. Kurosawa, H. Masumoto, T. Hirai and Y. Muto (preprint).Google Scholar
- A. F. Hebard, P. L. Gammel, C. E. Rice and A. F. J. Levi (to be published).Google Scholar
- A. F. Hebard and T. T. M. Palstra (Proc. Stanford Conf. M2S—HTSC).Google Scholar
- Y. Iye, S. Nakamura and T. Tamegai (to be published).Google Scholar
- A. P. Malozemoff, T. K. Worthington, E. Zeldov, N. C. Yeh, M. W. McElfresh and F. Hotzberg (this volume).Google Scholar