Magnetophonon Resonance of a Two-Dimensional Electron Gas in AIGaAs/GaAs Single Heterojunctions
The theory of magnetophonon effect in two-dimensional electron gas in AlGaAs/GaAs heterostructures is developed and the derived formula of the oscillatory magnetoresistance ∆ρ~ Σrexp(−2πrγ)cos(2πrωo/wc) shows a good agreement with the experimental observations. The Landau level broadening is calculated for various scattering processes. The electron concentration dependence of the magnetophonon oscillation amplitude observed recently by BRUMMELL et al. is shown to be well explained in terms of the Landau level broadening due to the remote-impurity scattering. Magnetophonon effective mass is estimated from the theory based on the k·p perturbation method to take into account the conduction band nonparabolicity.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For review see R.J. Nicholas, Prog. Quantum Electron. 10, 1 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.N. Mori, K. Taniguchi, C. Hamaguchi, S. Sasa, and S. Hiyamizu, J. Phys. C 21, 1791 (1988).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Lassnig and W. Zawadzki, J. Phys. C 16, 5453 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.N. Mori and C. Hamaguchi, Technol. Repts. Osaka Univ. 37, 127 (1987).Google Scholar
- 7.R.Kubo, S.J.Miyake, and N.Hashitsume, S.lid State Phys. 16, 269 (1965).Google Scholar
- 9.J. R. Barker, J. Phys. C 5, 1657 (1972).Google Scholar
- 11.N. Mori, N. Nakamura, K. Taniguchi, and C. Hamaguchi, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn. 57, 205 (1988).Google Scholar
- 12.C. T. Foxon, J. J. Harris, R. G. Wheeler, and D. E. Lacklison, J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 4, 511 (1986).Google Scholar