Correlation Between Magnetotransport and Photoluminescence in the Quantum Hall Effect Regime
The energy level structure of the two-dimensional electron gas in the Quantum Hall Effect regime is studied with simultaneous measurements of magnetotransport and luminescence of a modulation doped single quantum well. Non — linearities in the field dependence of the luminescence maxima energies are observed which are correlated with plateaus of the Quantum Hall Effect. The results are explained by the change in the level structure associated with the occupation of the subbands, on the basis of a single particle self consistent calculation.
KeywordsLandau Level Quantum Hall Effect Dope Layer Luminescence Line Energy Level Structure
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.M.C. Smith, A. Petrou, C.H. Perry, J.M. Worlock, R.L. Aggarwal, Proc. of 17th Int. Conf. on the Phys. of Semicond, p.517 (ed. J.D. Chadi and W.A. Harrison, Springer, New York ), (1981)Google Scholar
- 3.J. Orgonasi, J.A. Brum, C. Delalande, B. Bastard, T. Rötger, J.C. Maan, G. Weimann and W. Schlapp, J. de Physique 48, C5–407 (1987)Google Scholar
- 4.T. Rötger, J.C. Maan, P.Wyder, F. Messeguer and K. Ploog, J. de Physique 48, C5–389 (1987)Google Scholar
- 5.M.S. Skolnick, K.J. Nash, S.J. Bass, P.E. Simmonds and M.J. Kane, Solid State Commun. 67, 637 (1988)Google Scholar
- 6.G.A. Baraf and D.C. Tsui Phys. Rev.B 24, 2271 (1981)Google Scholar
- 7.A. Raymond and K. Karrai, J. de Physique 48, C5–491 (1987)Google Scholar
- 8.T. Ando, this conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 9.L.J. Sham, this conferenceGoogle Scholar
- 10.J.B. Beerens, G. Gregoris, J.C. Portal, F. Alexandre and M.J. Aubin, Proc. 18th Int. Conf. Phys. Semiconductors, Stockholm 1986, p.157Google Scholar
- 11.G.E.W. Bauer and T. Ando, J. Phys. C: Solid State Phys.19, 1537 (1986)Google Scholar