Adenoacanthoma, Mammary Gland, Mouse
Adenoacanthomas of the mouse mammary gland are grossly similar to other tumor types of this organ, i. e., they are round or coarsely nodular, well-cirumscribed, and easily separated from adjacent normal tissue. However, adenoacanthomas contain areas of yellowish or white flaky material on the cut surface in regions of extensive keratinization.
SynonymsAdenosquamous carcinoma mammary gland adenocarcinoma with squamous or epidermoid metaplasia keratinizing mammary gland tumor
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dunn TB (1959) Morphology of mammary tumors in mice. In: Homburger F (ed) The physiopathology of cancer, 2nd edn. Hoeber-Harper, New York, pp 38 - 84Google Scholar
- Kirschbaum A (1949) Induction of mammary cancer with methylcholanthrene. II. Histological similarity between carcinogen-induced tumors and certain mammary neoplasms occurring spontaneously. Cancer Res 9: 93 - 95Google Scholar
- Kirschbaum A, Williams WL, Bittner JJ (1946) Induction of mammary cancer with methylcholanthrene. I. Histogenesis of the induced neoplasm. Cancer Res 6: 354-362Google Scholar
- Liebelt AG, Liebelt RA (1967) Chemical factors in mammary tumorigenesis. In: Carcinogenesis: a broad critique. 20th annual MD Anderson Hospital and Tumor Institute symposium on fundamental cancer research, 1966. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, pp 315 - 345Google Scholar
- Medina D, Warner MR (1976) Mammary tumorigenesis in chemical carcinogen-treated mice. IV. Induction of mammary ductal hyperplasias. JNCI 57: 331-337Google Scholar
- Moulton JE (1978) Tumors of the mammary gland. In: Moulton JE (ed) Tumors in domestic animals, 2nd edn. University of California Press, Berkeley, pp 346 - 371Google Scholar
- Scarff RW, Torloni H (eds) (1981) Histological typing of breast tumours. International histological classification of tumours, no 2, 2nd edn. WHO, GenevaGoogle Scholar
- Squartini F (1979) Tumours of the mammary gland. In: Turusov VS (ed) Pathology of tumours in laboratory animals, vol II. Tumours of the mouse. IARC, Lyon, pp 43-90 (IARC Sci Publ no 23 ) Mixed Adenocarcinoma, Mammary Gland, Mouse 323Google Scholar
- Van der Valk MA (1981) Survivals, tumor incidence and gross pathology in 33 mouse strains. In: Hilgers J, Sluyser M (eds) Mammary tumors in the mouse. Elsevier/North-Holland, Amsterdam, pp 45 - 115Google Scholar