Rhabdovirus Infection of Ulcerated Fish in South-East Asia
Epizootiology. The term ‘epizootic ulcerative syndrome’ has been proposed (FAO, 1986) to describe a severe ulcerative disease condition of uncertain aetiology which has affected a wide variety of freshwater and estuarine fish in the IndoPacific region since 1980 (Figure 1).
KeywordsFiltration Cage Chlorine Fishing Dermatitis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boonyaratpalin S (1987) Bacterial pathogen involved in the epizootic ulcerative syndrome of fish in Asia. Dept of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Callinan RB (1985) Diseases of native Australian fishes. In Proc First Australian Workshop on Diseases of Fish and Shellfish. Humphrey JD, Langdon JS (eds) p 102–117. Australian Fish Health Reference Laboratory, Benalla, VictoriaGoogle Scholar
- Coates D (1984) An ulcer-disease outbreak amongst the fresh water fish population of the Sepik River system, with notes on some freshwater fish parasites. Report no. 84-02, Dept of Primary Industry, Fisheries Research and Surveys Branch, Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaGoogle Scholar
- FAO (1986) Report of the expert consultation on fish diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. Food and Agriculture Organisation, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Frerichs GN, Hill BJ, Way K (1989) Ulcerative disease rhabdo-virus; cell-line susceptibility and serological comparison with other fish rhabdoviruses. J Fish Dis (in press)Google Scholar
- Humphrey JD, Langdon JS (1986) Ulcerative disease in Northern Territory Fish. Internal Report Australian Fish Health Reference LaboratoryGoogle Scholar
- Natividad JM (1986) Fish Health Project (Philippines) Annual Report. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Quezon City, PhilippinesGoogle Scholar
- Roberts RJ, Macintosh DJ, Tonguthai K, Boonyaratpalin S, Tayaputch N, Phillips MJ, Millar SD (1986) Field and laboratory investigations into ulcerative fish diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. Food and Agriculture Organisation, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Saitanu K, Wongsawang S, Sunyasootcharee B, Sahaphong S (1986) Snakehead fish virus isolation and pathogenicity studies. In The First Asian Fisheries Forum Maclean JL, Dizon LB, Hosillos (eds) p 327–330. Asian Fisheries Society, ManilaGoogle Scholar
- Tonguthai K (1985) A preliminary account of ulcerative fish diseases in the Indo-Pacific region. Dept of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Wattanavijarn W, Rattanaphani R, Tesprateep T, Tangtrongpiroj J, Thirapatsakun T, Ousavaplangchai L, Sukolapong V, Eongpakornkeaw A, Vetchangarun S (1983) Virus-like particles in the skeletal muscle, capillaries, and spleen of sick snakehead fish (Ophicephalus s triatus) during a disease epidemic. Thai J Vet Med 13: 122–130Google Scholar