Rhabdovirus Infection of Ulcerated Fish in South-East Asia
Epizootiology. The term ‘epizootic ulcerative syndrome’ has been proposed (FAO, 1986) to describe a severe ulcerative disease condition of uncertain aetiology which has affected a wide variety of freshwater and estuarine fish in the IndoPacific region since 1980 (Figure 1).
KeywordsEstuarine Fish Sand Goby Cell Culture Fluid Ulcerative Condition Defective Interfere
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Boonyaratpalin S (1987) Bacterial pathogen involved in the epizootic ulcerative syndrome of fish in Asia. Dept of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Callinan RB (1985) Diseases of native Australian fishes. In Proc First Australian Workshop on Diseases of Fish and Shellfish. Humphrey JD, Langdon JS (eds) p 102–117. Australian Fish Health Reference Laboratory, Benalla, VictoriaGoogle Scholar
- Coates D (1984) An ulcer-disease outbreak amongst the fresh water fish population of the Sepik River system, with notes on some freshwater fish parasites. Report no. 84-02, Dept of Primary Industry, Fisheries Research and Surveys Branch, Port Moresby, Papua New GuineaGoogle Scholar
- FAO (1986) Report of the expert consultation on fish diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. Food and Agriculture Organisation, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Frerichs GN, Hill BJ, Way K (1989) Ulcerative disease rhabdo-virus; cell-line susceptibility and serological comparison with other fish rhabdoviruses. J Fish Dis (in press)Google Scholar
- Humphrey JD, Langdon JS (1986) Ulcerative disease in Northern Territory Fish. Internal Report Australian Fish Health Reference LaboratoryGoogle Scholar
- Natividad JM (1986) Fish Health Project (Philippines) Annual Report. Bureau of Fisheries and Aquatic Resources, Quezon City, PhilippinesGoogle Scholar
- Roberts RJ, Macintosh DJ, Tonguthai K, Boonyaratpalin S, Tayaputch N, Phillips MJ, Millar SD (1986) Field and laboratory investigations into ulcerative fish diseases in the Asia-Pacific region. Food and Agriculture Organisation, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Saitanu K, Wongsawang S, Sunyasootcharee B, Sahaphong S (1986) Snakehead fish virus isolation and pathogenicity studies. In The First Asian Fisheries Forum Maclean JL, Dizon LB, Hosillos (eds) p 327–330. Asian Fisheries Society, ManilaGoogle Scholar
- Tonguthai K (1985) A preliminary account of ulcerative fish diseases in the Indo-Pacific region. Dept of Fisheries, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, BangkokGoogle Scholar
- Wattanavijarn W, Rattanaphani R, Tesprateep T, Tangtrongpiroj J, Thirapatsakun T, Ousavaplangchai L, Sukolapong V, Eongpakornkeaw A, Vetchangarun S (1983) Virus-like particles in the skeletal muscle, capillaries, and spleen of sick snakehead fish (Ophicephalus s triatus) during a disease epidemic. Thai J Vet Med 13: 122–130Google Scholar