The Analysis of Electronic Component Reliability Data
The paper describes the development of analysis procedures for data within the Electronic Component Reliability Database at Loughborough University of Technology. The database includes data acquisition from Plessey, GEC, STC and two Danish Companies.
Earlier papers have described the content and administration of the database and the path to establishing the database. The current paper concentrates instead on the analysis of the data within the base. The structure of the base has facilitated an exploratory approach to analysis and enabled the identification and calibration of relevant environmental, mounting, screening and other influences upon failure behaviour to be made from the data itself rather than from prior assumptions.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Marshall, J.; Hayes, J.A.; Campbell, D.S.; Bendell, A.: An electronic component reliability database. 10th ARTS, Bradford, (1988) 40–53Google Scholar
- 3.Blanks, H.S.: The generation and use of component failure rate data. Quality Assurance. 3 (1977) 85–95Google Scholar
- 4.MIL—Handbook–217E. Reliability prediction of electronic equipment. October 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.Williams, V.: The working life and reliability of electronic Proc. of Eurocon ‘82, North Holland. (1982) 1110.Google Scholar
- 6.Wong, K.L.: The bathtub does not hold water any more quality & Reliability Engineering International. 4 (1988) 279–282.Google Scholar
- 7.British Telecom: Handbook of reliability data for electronic components used in telecommunication systems. Issue 4.Google Scholar
- 8.Bendell, A.; Cannon, G.: Reliability database. Elsevier Applied Science 1989.Google Scholar
- 10.Bendell, A.; Walls, L.A.: Exploring reliability data Quality & Reliability Engineering International. 1 (1985) 37–51.Google Scholar
- 11.King, J.R.: Probability charts for decision making. New York: Industrial Press 1971.Google Scholar
- 12.Cox, D. R.: Regression models and life-tables (with discussion). J.R. Statist. Soc. 30 (1972) 248–275.Google Scholar
- 14.Kalbfleish, J.D.; Prentice, R.L.: The statistical analysis of failure time data. Chichester: Wiley & Sons 1980.Google Scholar
- 15.Wightman, D.W.: The application of proportional hazards modelling to reliability problems. Ph.D. Thesis, Trent Polytechnic, Nottingham, 1987.Google Scholar