Computer Aided Multicriterion Optimization System (CAMOS)
In the paper the optimization system oriented to computer aided design is des-cribed. The system enables the designer to solve single and multicriterion optimization problems for the nonlinear programming models with continuous, integer, discrete, and mixed design variables. Iterative methods for seeking the minimum of a function are supported by a random search method which is used for both seeking a good starting point and coping with discrete and integer variables. The system is designed to f acili It ate the inter-active processes considering both input/output information arrangements and multicriteria decision making problems. The optimization problem is introduced to the system by means of a problem oriented subroutine which is linked to the system and which can reflect any desires as to the data to be introduced and the optimization results to be printed. The system is coded in FORTRAN and prepared for an IBM PC/XT/AT.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Atrek,E. et.al.: New Direction in Optimum Structural Design. Chichester, New York, John Wiley & Sons, 1984Google Scholar
- Chonkong,V. and Haimes,Y.Y.: The Interactive Surrogate Worth Trade-off (ISWT) Method for Multiobjective Decision Making. In: S. Zionts (ed.): Multiple Criterion Problem Solving: Berlin, New York, Springer-Verlag, 1977Google Scholar
- Eschenauer, H. and Schäfer, E.; Interaktive Vektoroptimierung in der Strukturmechanik. Vortrag GAMM-Tagung vom 5.4.-8.4.1988 in WienGoogle Scholar
- Hammer,P.L., Johnson,E.L. and Korte,B.H.: Discrete Optimization, North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1979Google Scholar
- Hlmmelblau,D.M.: Applied Nonlinear Programming, McGraw-Hill Company, New York, 1972Google Scholar
- Hooke,R. and Jeves,T.A.: Direct Search Solution of Numerical and Statistical Problems, J. Assoc. Comp. Mech. Vol. 8, 221–225, 1961Google Scholar
- Kowallk,J. and Osborne,M.R.: Methods for Unconstrained Optimization Problems. New York, American Elseview, 1968Google Scholar
- Lee,J.K. and Hurst,E.G.: Decision Support Systems for Multiple Criteria Decision Making. Joint National Meeting of ORSA/TIMS, Dallas, November 1984Google Scholar
- Nelder,J.A. and Mead,R.: A Simplex Method for Function Minimization. Computer J. 7, 390–313, 1965Google Scholar
- Osyczka,A.: Multicriterion Optimization in Engineering with FORTRAN Programs. New York, Chichester. John Wiley, 1984Google Scholar
- Osyczka, A.: An Interactive Multicriterion Decision Making System. System Analysis and Simulation Symposium, Berlin, 1985Google Scholar
- Osyczka,A.: Computer Aided Multicriterion Optimization Method. Advances in Modelling and Simulation. AMSE Press, Vol. 3, No. 4, 41–52, 1985Google Scholar