Computer Algebra Algorithms for Nonlinear Control
This paper describes some of the computer algebra algorithms for nonlinear control systems design embodied in CONDENS, a symbolic manipulation software system, which employs certain differential geometric tools for the analysis and design of control systems. Feedback equivalence among nonlinear systems is used to linearize and thereby control certain classes of nonlinear control systems. Left and right invertibility of nonlinear systems is used to solve the output tracking problem. CONDENS makes these analytical procedures available to users who may not have an extensive knowledge of differential geometry. The system consists of a main part containing functions that perform basic differential geometric computations, two modules for study and analysis of nonlinear control systems, and two packages for the design of nonlinear controllers for the output tracking problem. We shall discuss the implementation of these packages and the functions they include.
KeywordsManifold Torque Hunt Cond Desol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brockett, R. W., 1978, Feedback Invariants for Nonlinear Systems, IFAC Congress, Helsinki. p. 1115–1120.Google Scholar
- Hirschorn, R. M., 1979, Invertibility of nonlinear control systems, SIAM J Control Optim, 17, pp. 289–297.Google Scholar
- Hunt, R. L., Su, R., and Meyer, G., 1983, Design for multi-input systems, Differential Gpometric Control Theory, edited by R. Brockett, R. Millman and H. J. Sussman, Birkhauser, Boston, vol. 27, pp. 268–298.Google Scholar
- Hunt, R. L., SU, R., and Meyer, G., 1983, Global Transformations of Nonlinear Systems, IEEE Trans Aut Control, AC-28, No.1, pp. 24–3l.Google Scholar
- Meyer, G., and Cicolani, L., 1980, Application of nonlinear system inverses to automatic flight control design-system concepts and flight evaluations, Agardograph 251 on Theory and Applications of Optimal Control in Aerospace Systems, P. Kent, ed., reprinted by NATO.Google Scholar
- Meyer, G., 1981, The design of exact nonlinear model followers, Proceedings of Joint Automatic Control Conference, FA3A.Google Scholar
- The Matlab Group Laboratory for Computer Science, 1983, Macsyma Reference Manual, M.I.T., Cambridge, Mass.Google Scholar
- Akhrif, 0., and Blankenship, G.L., 1987, Using Computer Algebra for Design of Nonlinear Control Systems, Invited paper, ACC 87.Google Scholar
- Akhrif, 0., and Blankenship, G.L., 1987, Computer Algebra for Analysis and Design of Nonlinear Control Systems, SRC TR-87–52.Google Scholar