The High Precision DDA for Ellipse-Generatiom
In the field of computer graphics and CAD/CAM ellipses are the most fundamental curves besides circles and circular arcs. There are several kinds of algorithms for drawing ellipses now [1,2,3,4,5]. But most of them are integer incremental algorithms, not fractional algorithms. The accuracy of these incremental algorithms is about half of one unit of the resolution of display facilities. The author has presented and published an incremental algorithm for nigh precision circle-generation in 198b . The logic of this algorithm is very simple, and the accuracy of this algorithm is many times higher than that of the other methods. This conception also can be expanded to generate ellipses for graphics display, numerical controlled machine tools or drafting machines, while retaining all of the advantages of the algorithm of the high precision circle-generation.
KeywordsComputer Graphic Recurrent Formula Incremental Algorithm Numerical Control Machine Calculation Logic
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Pitteway, M.L.V., Algorithm for Drawing Ellipse or Hyperbolae with a Digital Plotter Computer Journal Vol. 10, No. 3, November 1967Google Scholar
- 2.Pitteway, M.L.V., Algorithm of Conic Generation NATO ASI Series, Vol. F17 “Fundamental Algorithms for Computer Graphics” Spring-Verlag Berlin Madelberg 1985Google Scholar
- 3.Kappel, Michael E., An Ellipse-Drawing Algorithm for Raster Displays NATO ASI Series Vol. F17 1985Google Scholar
- 4.Aken, J.R. Van, An Efficient Ellipse-Drawing Algorithm Computer Graphics and Applications September 1984, pp 24–35Google Scholar
- 6.Hong, Tao, A High Precision Digital Analyzer for Circle-Generation NATO ASI Series, Vol. F17 1985Google Scholar