GQL: A Graphical Database Language Using Pattern Images
GQL is a graphical formal query language for manipulating ’a database. By providing a set of pattern images, the language allows users to draw pattern graphs against the graphical schema of the database. This paper describes various aspects of GQL: the underlying model, the pattern images and graphs, and the representation of database operations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Abit 84]Abiteboul, S. and Hull, R., “IFO: A Formal Semantic Database Model”, Proc. ACM SIGACT-SIGMOD Symp. on Principles of Database Systems, April, 1984, pp l19–132Google Scholar
- [Azmo 84]Azmoodeh, M. Lavington, S. H. and Standring, M., “The Semantic Binary Relationship Data Model of Information” 3rd BCS and ACM Symposium on Research and Development in Information Retrieval, Cambridge, July, 1984Google Scholar
- [Azmo 85]Azmoodeh, M., “BRMQ: A Data Base Interface Facility Based on Graph Traversais and Extended Relationship on Groups of Entities” CSM-78, Sept. 1985Google Scholar
- [Bryc 86]Bryce, D. and Hull, R., “SNAP: A Graphics-based Schema Manager (Extended Abstract)”, IEEE International Conf. on Data Eng., Los Angeles, Feb. 1986Google Scholar
- [Chen 76]Chen, P., “The Entity-Relationship Model — Toward a unified view of Data”, ACM Trans, on Database Syst. Vol.1, No. 1, Mar. 1976, pp9–36Google Scholar
- [Jian 85]Jiang, Y. J. and Lavington, S. H., “The Qualified Binary Relationship Model of Information” BNCOD-4, July, 1985Google Scholar
- [Kenn 85]Kenneth, J. G. etl, “ISIS: Interfax.:e for a Semantic Information System” ACM, SIGMOD, Vol.14, No.4, Dec. 1985Google Scholar
- [Wong 82]Wong, H. and Kuo, I., “Graphical User Interface for Database Exploration”, Proc. of 8th Inter. Conf. on VLDB, Mexico City, Sept. 1982Google Scholar