The concept of the skin as an passive element in immune mediated reactions has been changed recently and it became clear that particularly the epidermis actively participates in various immunological processes. It is well established that dendritic bone marrow derived epidermal cells such as Langerhans cells play an important role in epidermal cell, antigen specific and allogenic T cell activation . Another very recently discovered dendritic epidermal cell apparently belongs to the T cell lineage and exhibits natural killer cell activities . Moreover it became evident that in addition to these immunocompetent epidermal cells the keratinocytes are capable of releasing immunoregulating mediators also named cytokines [3, 4].
KeywordsHPLC Filtration Lymphoma Interferon Histamine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Luger TA (1986) Jahrbuch der Medizin. Regensburg & Bierman Verlag, Münster, S 49.Google Scholar
- 5.Luger TA (1986) Proc Postgr Course Basic Appl Dermatol Immunodef, Italy (in press).Google Scholar
- 20.Kupper TS, Horowitz M, Lee F, Coleman D, Flood P (1987) J Invest Dermatol 88:501.Google Scholar
- 23.Kapp A, Luger TA, Danner M, Schöpf E (1987) Dermatol Res (in press).Google Scholar
- 24.Danner M, Kapp A, Micksche M, Luger TA (1987) Lymphokine Res 6:62.Google Scholar
- 29.Nicolas JF, Kaiserlian D, Dardenne M, Faure M, Thivolet J (1987) 88:161.Google Scholar
- 30.Danner M, Luger TA, Kapp A, Micksche M (1987) 88:311.Google Scholar
- 31.Ansel JC, Luger TA, Green I (1987) 89:32.Google Scholar