Nonlinear and Nonstationary Random Vibration of Hysteretic Systems with Application to Vehicle Dynamics
The nonstationary response of a nonlinear multi-degree of freedom vehicle model is obtained. The suspension is of hysteretic nonlinear type and nonstationarity is due to variable velocity traverse. The road excitation is modelled as the response of a time variant filter to modulated white noise. Equivalent linearization method is adopted and response statistics are obtained by numerical integration of matrix differential equations.
KeywordsRear Wheel Random Vibration Road Profile Matrix Differential Equation Road Roughness
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Sobczyk, K. and Macvean, D.B. Nonstationary random vibrations of systems travelling with variable velocity. Proc.IUTAM Symposium on Stochastic Problems in Dynamics, Ed.B.L.Clarkson,Pitman (1976).Google Scholar
- 5.Schiehlen,W.O, Nonstationary random vibrations. Proc.IUTAM Symposium on Random Vibrations and Reliability. Ed.K.Hennig. Akademie Verlag. Berlin(GDR) 1983,pp 295–301.Google Scholar
- 6.Harrison,R.F.and Hammond,J.K. Approximate time domain nonstationary analysis of stochastically excited nonlinear systems with particular reference to the motion of vehicles on rough ground. Journal of Sound and Vibration, 105 (3), 1986, pp. 361–371.Google Scholar
- 7.Harrison,R.F., and Hammond,J.K. Analysis of the nonstationary response of vehicles with multiple wheels.ASME. Journal of Dynamic Systems, Measurement and control. 108, 1986,pp. 69–73.Google Scholar
- 12.Atalik.T.S. and Utku.S. Stochastic linearization of multidegree of freedom nonlinear systems. Int.Journal of Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics. 4, 1976, pp 41–420.Google Scholar
- 15.Tsao.Y.H. and Hammond.J.K. Nonstationarity in acoustic fields. Journal of Acous. Soc. of America. 74 (3), 1983, pp 827–839.Google Scholar