Theoretical Investigations of Segmented Polyacetylene
Segmented polyacetylene is formed by the introduction of sp3 defects through deuteration along the chains of ordinary trans-polyacetylene. A number of experimental data have recently been collected on segmented polyacetylene, (CHDy)x, containing concentrations (y) in deuterium atoms as high as 17%, or even about 30% [l-3].The experimental results have been previously interpreted in terms implying that the presence of sp3-bonded carbons has only a moderate influence on the conjugation of the polyacetylene π bands (due to hyperconjugation effects) [1–3].
KeywordsIodine Polyethylene Soliton Acetylene Deuterium
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- a.Chercheur Qualifié of the Belgian National Fund for Scientific Research (FNRS).Google Scholar
- 3.G. Arbuckle, M.X. Wan, A.G. MacDiarmid, F. Zuo, A.J. Epstein: Bull. Am. Phys. Soc. 22, 456 (1987).Google Scholar
- 4.S.I. Yaniger, MJ. Kletter, A.G. MacDiarmid: Polym. Prepr. 21 264 (1984).Google Scholar
- 7.G. Hennico, J. Delhalle, J.M. André: to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.S. Lefrant, E. Mulazzi: these Proceedings.Google Scholar
- 10.J.M. Ginder et al: to be published.Google Scholar