Reliability Computations for Rigid Plastic Frames with General Yield Conditions
The topic is reliability analysis of frame structures with rigid-ideal plastic constitutive behavior assigned to discretized hinge models. General yield conditions with internal force interaction are considered. Adoption of the associated flow rule assures the validity of the static theorem. On this basis a theorem about linear combinations of so-called linearly associated lower bound safety margins proves useful for setting up a strategy of fast identification of important collapse mechanisms. They are important in the sense of close upper bounding of the reliability against collapse.
KeywordsAssure Guaran Nonin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.Ditlevsen, O.: “The Structural System Reliability Problem”. Qualitative Considerations. Proc. of ICASP5: Reliability and Risk Analysis in Civil Engineering 1, N.C. Lind (ed.), Institute for Risk Research, University of Waterloo, Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, 1987, pp. 1–11.Google Scholar
- 4.Ditlevsen, O. and Bjerager, P.: “Plastic Reliability Analysis by Directional Simulation”. DCAMM Report No. 353, 1987, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark.Google Scholar
- 5.Ditlevsen, O., Hasofer, A.M., Bjerager, P., and Olesen, R.: “Direc- tional Simulation in Gaussian Processes”. DCAMM Report No. Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark, 1987.Google Scholar
- 6.Ditlevsen, O.: “General Probabilistic Statics of Discretized Ideal Plastic Frames”. DCAMM Report No. 1987, Technical University of Denmark, DK 2800 Lyngby, Denmark.Google Scholar
- 7.Krenk, S.: “Yield Criteria for Tubular Joints”. Survey worked out for A.S. Veritas Research. 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.Madsen, H.O. and Skjong, R.: “Lower Bound Reliability Evaluation for Plastic Truss and Frame Structures”. A.S. Veritas Research Report No. 84–2043, Hovik, Norway, 1984.Google Scholar
- 9.Matheron, G.: Estimer et choisir, Les Cahiers du Centre de Morphologie, Mathématique de Fontainebleau, Facicule 7, France, 1978. Translated 1987 into English: Estimating and Choosing, by A.M. Hasofer, to be published by Springer Verlag.Google Scholar