Site Effects on the Non-Stationarity of Earthquake Excitations and Structural Responses
A non-stationary spectral density is defined by a local time variance of component wave which passed through a narrow band filter. Using the non-stationary spectral ratio of input and output relations of structural system, time variant propagation characteristics of incident wave in multi-layered stratum are examined. The theoretical analysis of an amplification effects of incident wave in multi-layered strata are discussed with respect to a multi-layered reflection of body wave and a constructive interference of surface wave. The evaluation results by these theoretical analyses are compared with that of the spectral analysis of actually recorded accelerograms. The dynamic characteristics of large scale foundation subjected to earthquake excitation is-also examined.
KeywordsTransfer Characteristic Spectral Ratio Love Wave Body Wave Constructive Interference
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2).Cornell, C.A.; 1964, Stochastic Process Models in Structural Engineering, Department of Civil Engineering, Technical Report No.34, Stanford University.Google Scholar
- 4).Shinozuka, M. and Sato, Y.; 1967, Simulation on Nonstationary Random Process, Proc. of ASCE, Vol. 93, pp. 11–40.Google Scholar
- 6).Liu, S.C.; 1970, Evolutionary Power Spectral Density of Strong-Motion Earthquake, Bulletin of the Seismological Society of America, Vol. 60, No. 3, pp. 891–900.Google Scholar
- 8).Kobori, T., Minai, R. and Takeuchi, Y.; 1963, Statistical Analysis of Seismic Waves, Proc. of the 13th Japan National Congress for Applied Mechanics, pp. 295–300.Google Scholar
- 9).Takeuchi, Y.; 1975, Nonstationary mean Square Response of Structural System to Quasi-stationary and Locally-stationary Random Excitation, Memoir of Faculty of Engineering, Fukui Unïversity.,Vol. 23, pp. 237–251.Google Scholar
- 10).Kobori, T. and Takeuchi, Y.; 1976, On Nonstationary Spectrum and mean Square Response of a Simple Structure System to Earthquake excitation, Proc. of International Symposium on Earthquake Structural Engineering, pp. 857–868.Google Scholar
- 11).Takeuchi, Y.; 1977, On Nonstationarity of Earthquake Input Excitation, Theoretical and Applied Mechanics, University. of Tokyo Press,Vo1. 27, pp. 285–297.Google Scholar
- 12).Takeuchi, Y.; 1980, On Nonstationary Characteristics of Recorded Accelerograms in Osaka plain, Proc. of 7th W.C.E.E, Vol. 2, pp. 223–230.Google Scholar
- 13).Nuclear Power Engineering Test Center; 1983, Investigation on the Ground-foundation Interaction, Technical Report of NUPEC.(in Japanese)Google Scholar
- 17).Huang, M.-J.; 1983, Investigation of Local Geology Effects on Strong Earthquake Ground Motion, EERL 83–03, California Institute of Technology.Google Scholar
- 19).Kobori, T., R. Minai and T. Suzuki; 1966. Dynamic Ground Compliance of Rectangular Foundation on an Elastic Stratum, Proc. 2nd Japan Earthquake Engineering Symposium, pp. 261–266.Google Scholar
- 20).Luco, J.E., 1980, Linear Soil-Structure Interaction, Report UCRL-15272, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory, Livermore, California.Google Scholar