Cellular and Humoral Components of the Cerebrospinal Fluid in Multiple Sclerosis
This presentation is mainly a synopsis of the workshop on “Cellular and Humoral Components of the Cerebrospinal Fluid in Multiple Sclerosis” held under the auspices of the International Federation of Multiple Sclerosis Societies as a NATO workshop at Hengelhoef, Belgium, April 20-24, 1986. Two reports have already been written but not yet published about this meeting: one by Brosnan and Wekerle (1) and the other for World Neurology (7). In addition, the abstracts were published in Acta Neurologica Belgica (8) and the complete text of all the presentations will be published by Plenum Press (11). Whe shall add to this synopsis some observations reported in recent publications or taken from personal studies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Brosnan C. Wekerle H (1987) Cellular and humoral components of CSF in multiple sclerosis. NATO workshop, April 20–2 4, Hengelhoef, (in press)Google Scholar
- 2.Dams E (1987) Two dimensional Polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis of serum and cerebrospinal fluid in multiple sclerosis and subacute sclerosing panencephalitis. Acta Neurol Belg, (in press)Google Scholar
- 3.Duquette P, Charest L (1986) Cerebrospinal fluid findings, in healthy siblings of multiple sclerosis patients. Neurology (NY) 36: 727–729Google Scholar
- 4.Hafler DA, Fallis RJ, Dawson DM, Schlossman SF, Reinherz EL, Weiner HL (1986) Immunologic responses of progressive multiple sclerosis patients treated with an anti-T-cell monoclonal antibody, anti-T12. Neurology (NY) 36:777–784Google Scholar
- 6.Karcher D, Soler Federsppiel BS, Lowenthal FD, Lowenthal A (1987) Antineurofilament antibodies in blood of patients with neurological diseases. Festschrift Dr. Seitelberger. Acta Neuropathol (Special Issue) (Berl)Google Scholar
- 7.Lowenthal A (1987) Cellular and humoral components of cerebrospinal fluid in multiple sclerosis. World Neurol, (in press)Google Scholar
- 8.NATO Advanced Research Workshop (1986) Cellular and humoral components of CSF in multiple sclerosis (Abstr). Acta Neurol Belg 86: 170–212Google Scholar
- 11.Raus J, Lowenthal A (1987) Cellular and humoral components of cerebrospinal fluid in multiple sclerosis. Plenum, New York, (in press)Google Scholar