Energy Relaxation of Hot Carriers in GaAs in a Strong Magnetic Field Studied with Picosecond Photoluminescence
Energy relaxation by optical phonon emission of photoexcited carriers in bulk GaAs has been studied previously by cw and timeresolved picosecond spectroscopy . In the picosecond experiments substantial deviations were observed between calculated and experimentally determined energy relaxation rates, which were ascribed to screening of the carrier-phonon interaction by the high carrier density [2,3] and generation of a nonequilibrium optical phonon distribution .
KeywordsLandau Level Bulk GaAs Photoexcited Carrier High Carrier Density Optical Phonon Emission
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.For a review see J. Shah: J. Phys. (Paris) 42C-7, 445 (1981)Google Scholar
- 2.W. Graudzus and E.O. Goebel: Physica (Utrecht) 117B+118B, 555 (1978)Google Scholar
- 3.E.J. Yoffa: Phys. Rev. B21, 2145 (1980)Google Scholar
- 8.For a discussion on Landau level broadening see: L.M. Roth and P.N. Argyres: Semiconductor and Semimetals, Vol. 1 (Academic Press Inc., London 1966)Google Scholar
- 10.R. Smetsers and H.J.A. Bluyssen: to be published in Semicond. Science and TechnologyGoogle Scholar