Application of Team Concept/Systems Approach to Investigation of Major Mishaps
After a major disaster involving loss of life and property damage, the authorities and other organizations responsible for investigating the cause and taking immediate steps to prevent a recurrence are often not prepared to assume these tasks. The authorities in many disciplines are caught by complete surprise when the unexpected happens and often must look to outside sources to assist, organize or conduct the investigation. The Three Mile Island and Challenger accidents are examples of this type of unpreparedness.
KeywordsTransportation Radar Stake
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aviation Daily. (1979). April 23.Google Scholar
- National Transportation Safety Board. (1979). NTSB Accident Report: PSA Flight 182, San Diego, 25 September 1979. Washington, D. C.: Author. April.Google Scholar
- National Transportation Safety Board. (1985). Title 49 CFR-Transportation — Chapter VIII — National Transportation Safety Board Part 83. (Revised 20 March 1985).Google Scholar
- U. S. Public Law. Independent Safety Board Act of 1974. U. S. Public Law 97-74-November 3, 1981. 95 stat 1065.Google Scholar
- U. S. Public Law. Tittle HI Independent Safety Board Act of 1974. U. S. Public Law 93-633, 49 use 1654 Section 301-302.Google Scholar