Non Linear Analysis with Model Investigation of Buried Pipelines
In this paper our Institute has done the research on the reinferced concrete pipelines. The study includes the review on the development of the theory of thin cylindrical shell and performing the full scale test on pipe up to the collapse with different boundry conditions.
The result of the research done by us has shown that the behavior of buried concrete pipelines under the imposed loading can be better treated by the non-linearity for which the strength of the concrete pipe can have further extension over the yielding point which is still a little bit far from the ultimate strength of the reinforced concrete pipe.
KeywordsFull Scale Test Thin Cylindrical Shell Precast Concrete Concrete Pipe Settlement Phenomenon
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Van Douwen, A.M. Gresnigh & J.W.B. Stark, Plastic design of buried steel pipelines for transport of oil, gas or water, verfied by tests on scale model, TNO-IBBC, Rijswijk, The Netherlands 1974.Google Scholar
- 2.A.C. Ugural, Stresses in plates and shells, MacGraw-Hills Inc. New York, U.S.A., 1981.Google Scholar
- 3.A.M. Haas, Thin Concrete shells vol.2., John Wiley & Sons, Inc. New York, U.S.A., 1967.Google Scholar
- 4.C.L. Dym, The theory of thin shells, Pergamon Press, Oxford, U.K., 1974.Google Scholar
- 5.D.O. Brush & B.O. Almroth, Buckling of Bars, Hates, and Shells, Mc-Graw-Hills Inc. New York, U.S.A., 1975.Google Scholar
- 7.F. Mortelmans, Berekening van Kostrukties deel 3 Gewapend beton Acco, Leuven, Belgium. 1981.Google Scholar
- 8.H. Kraus, Thin elastic shells, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, U.S.A., 1972.Google Scholar
- 9.K.P. Buchert, Buckling of shell & shell-kike structures, Univ. of Missouri, U.S.A.,1973.Google Scholar
- 10.P.C.I. Manual for structural design of architectural and precast concrete, Chicago, U.S.A., 1977.Google Scholar
- 11.R.J. Roark, Formulas for stress and strain, McGraw-Hills Inc. New York, U.S.A., 1965.Google Scholar
- 12.W.F. Chen, Plasticity in reinforced concrete, McGraw-Hills Inc. New York, U.S.A., 1982.Google Scholar
- 13.W. Flügge editor in chief, Handbook of Engineering Mechanics, McGraw-Hills Inc. New York U.S.A., 1962.Google Scholar
- 14.W. Flügge, Stresses in shells, Springer -Verlag, Berlin, Germany 1968 .Google Scholar
- 15.Y.C. Fung & E.E.Sechler Thin-shell structures, theory, experiment and design, Prentice-Hall Inc. Englewood Cliffs, (N.J.) U.S.A., 1974.Google Scholar