A Polar Coordinate Integration Scheme with a Hierarchical Correction Procedure to Improve Numerical Accuracy
Numerical accuracy in the boundary element method (BEM) depends on the errors appearing from approximation of geometry, interpolation of functions and the integration scheme. Among them, the integration scheme represents a large share and it may significantly deteriorate the numerical accuracy in an ordinary boundary element formulation because integration includes a singular kernel. It is known that direct application of numerical quadratures fails to predict the value of an unknown function near the integration points.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.J.V. Cox and T.A. Shugar; A Recursive Integration Technique for Boundary Element Method in Elastostatics, Advanced Topics in Boundary Element Analysis AMD-Vol.72, The winter meeting of ASME (1985)Google Scholar
- 2.T. Kuwabara and T. Takeda; Calculation of Potential and Potential Gradient for 3-Dimensional Field by B.E.M using Analytical Integration, Proc. on Rotary Machines and Stational Apparatus, SA-85–47,JECM. (1985) pp 73 to 82Google Scholar
- 3.Enokizono et al.; Application of Boundary Element Method to Magnetic Field Calculation, Proc. of 1st Japan National Symp. on Boundary Element Method, (1984) pp 211 to 216Google Scholar
- 4.T. Higashimachi et al.; Interactive Structure Analysis System Using the Advanced Boundary Element Method, Boundary Elements Proc. of 5th Int. Conf. Springer-Verlag, (1983) pp 847 to 856Google Scholar
- 5.K. Takahashi et al.; On the Evaluation of Various Numerical Integrations in Boundary Element Method, Proc. on Rotary Machines and Stational Apparatus, SA-85–49, JEC (1985) pp 91 to 99Google Scholar
- 6.F.J. Rizzo and D.J. Shippy; An Advanced Boundary Integration Method for Three-Dimensional Thermoelasticity, Int. J. Numer. Methods Eng., Vol.11 (1977) pp 1753 to 1768Google Scholar
- 8.M. Koizumi and M. Utamura; A New Approach to Singular Kernel Integration for General Curved Elements, Boundary Elements Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. Springer-Verlag, (1986) pp 665 to 675Google Scholar