Stereotaxic Fine Needle Biopsy of Nonpalpable Breast Lesions Performed by the Mammotest
Since 1976 a stereotaxic instrument for fine needle biopsy of nonpalpable breast lesions has been in use at the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, Karolinska Hospital, Stockholm, Sweden (Blomgren and Jacobsson 1977). The number of lesions examined each year has increased from 40 in 1976 to 660 in 1984. The patients are referred to this examination from different hospitals and private clinicians and private roentgenologic departments in the area of Stockholm. Only 50% are referred from our hospital.
- Blomgren J, Jacobsson B, Nordenström B (1977) Stereotaxic instrument for needle biopsy of the mamma. Am J Roentgenol 129:121Google Scholar
- Nordenström B, Rydén H, Svane G (1981) Breast. In Zornoza J (ed) Percutaneous needle biopsy. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore p 43Google Scholar
- Svane G (1983a) Stereotaxic needle biopsy of non-palpable breast lesions. Doctoral Thesis, Karolinska Institute, StockholmGoogle Scholar
- Svane G (1983b) A stereotaxic technique for preoperative marking of non-palpable breast lesions. Acta Radiol Diagn 24:145Google Scholar
- Svane G, Silfverswärd C (1983) Stereotaxic needle biopsy of non-palpable breast lesions. Acta Radiol Diagn 24: 283Google Scholar