Oceanography of the Southern African region
In order to understand the habitat and distribution of the fishes of southern Africa, it is important to outline the physical oceanography of this region.
KeywordsContinental Shelf Abyssal Plain Longshore Current Southeasterly Wind Cape Peninsula
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- BRANCH, G. M. and M. L. BRANCH. 1981. The Living Shores of Southern Africa. C. Struik, Cape Town, 272 pp.Google Scholar
- HARRIS, T. F. W. 1978. “Review of coastal currents in southern African waters”. SANCOR REPORT 30, CSIR, Pretoria, 103 pp.Google Scholar
- BANG, N. D. 1970. “Major eddies and frontal structures in the Agulhas Current retroflexion area in March 1969”. Symposium on Oceanography in S. A., CSIR.Google Scholar
- BANG, N. D. 1973. “Oceanography: Oceanographic environment of Southern Africa”. The Standard Encyclopaedia of Southern Africa 8, 282–286, Nasau Ltd., Cape Town.Google Scholar
- HARRIS, T. F. W. and D. VAN FOREEST. 1977. The Agulhas Current system. Department of Oceanography, Univ. Cape Town, 37 pp.Google Scholar
© J.L.B. Smith Institute of Ichthyology, Grahamstown 1986