Monitoring of Aorto-Coronary Bypass Graft Flow
- 59 Downloads
Since the report of Johnson et al  in 1969 about the successful placement of saphenous in the distal segments of coronary vessels in a large serie of patients with proximal coronary obstructive disease, this surgery has revolutionized the treatment of such patients. Although the effects of this operative procedure on survival in various patients subgroups remains controversial [2, 3], there is evidence that this technique improves myocardial perfusion and the symptomatic status of the patient [2, 3].
KeywordsBypass Graft Blood Flow Velocity Graft Flow Vein Bypass Graft Coronary Blood Flow Velocity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Yu PN, Goodwin JF (eds) (1977) Progress in cardiology. Vol 6, Lea & Fibiger, PhiladelphiaGoogle Scholar
- 4.Walker JA, Friedberg HD, Flemma RJ, Johnson WD (1972) Determinants of angiographic patency of aortocoronary vein bypass grafts. Circulation 45 (Suppl I ) 1: 86Google Scholar
- 5.Gena AS, Krone RI, Mc Cormick JR, Baue AE (1975) Selection of coronary bypass. Anatomic, physiological, and angiographic considerations of vein and mammary artery grafts. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 70: 416Google Scholar
- 6.Furuse A, Klopp EH, Brawley RK, Gott VL (1972) Hemodynamics of aorto-to-coronary artery bypass, experimental and analytic studies. Ann Thorac Surg 14–282Google Scholar
- 10.Marcus ML (1983) The coronary circulation in health and disease. Mc Graw Hill EditionGoogle Scholar
- 12.Chesebro JH, Ritman EL, Frye RL, Smith HC, Connolly DC, Rutherford BD, Davis GD, Danielson GK, Pluth JR, Barnhost DA, Wallace RB (1979) Videometric analysis of regional left ventricular function before and after aortocoronary artery bypass surgery: correlation of peak rate of myocardial wall thickening with late postoperative graft flows. J Clin Invest 158: 1339Google Scholar
- 16.Peronneau PA, Bournat JP, Bugnon A, Barbet A, Xhaardt M (1974) Theoritical and practical aspects of pulsed Döppler flowmetry: real time application to the measure of instantaneous velocity profiles in vitro and in vivo. Cardiovascular applications of ultrasound; Reneman, New York Elsevier, Chap 6, p 66Google Scholar
- 17.Payen DM, Bousseau D, Laborde F, Beloucif S, Compos A, Echter E, Piwnica A (1985) Pulsed Döppler: peroperative, early and six days postoperative aortocoronary venous bypass phasic blood flow using implantable microprobe. Circulation 72, III: 129 (Abst)Google Scholar
- 20.Bousseau D, Payen D, Laborde F, Beloucif S, Echter E, Piwnica A (1985) Effects of PEEP on human post-operative coronary bypass graft flow. Anesthesiology 63 (Suppl) A 518Google Scholar