SIMS Depth Profiling of Si in GaAs
The controllable doping of GaAs layers by silicon, either by ion implantation or by incorporation during molecular beam epitaxial growth, is a critical step in III–V device fabrication. We have therefore undertaken a study to determine the optimum experimental conditions for SIMS depth profiling Si in GaAs, for Si+ implanted into GaAs, and for thin, abrupt GaAs/A1GaAs MBE layers doped with Si.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.W.M. Lau, private communication.Google Scholar
- 4.R.G. Wilson and V.R. Define, Appl. Phys. Lett. 37, 793, 1980.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Vandervorst, F.R. Shepherd, W.M. Lau, Nucl. Instrum. Meth.Google Scholar
- 7.J.P.D. Cook, F.R. Shepherd, A.J. SpringThorpe and W.M. Lau, AVS National Symposium, Houston, November 1985.Google Scholar
- 8.W. Vandervorst and F.R. Shepherd, submitted to J.Vac. Sci. Technol.Google Scholar