A New Dual-MS Technique Combining Negative Ion Formation by Plasma Desorption with EI-like Positive Ion Formation by In-Beam Desorption
Regardless of the recent development of many new ionization modes, EI-MS is still the method of choice for the characterization of low molecular weight compounds. For heat labile and very polar molecules, however, an additional soft ionization technique can be extremely useful, i.e. for finding the molecular mass.
KeywordsSugar Glycol Tungsten Prostaglandin Flavonoid
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.H. Brandenberger: 30th Ann. Conference on Mass Spectrometry and Allied Topics, June 1982, Honolulu, abstract volume p. 468.Google Scholar
- 3.F.B.Ch. West and H. Brandenberger, in R.A.A. Maes (Ed.): Topics in Forensic and Analytical Toxicology (Elsevier, Amsterdam 1984).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Brandenberger, in A. Frigerio and M. McCamish (Ed.): Recent Developments in Mass Spectrometry in Biochemistry and Medicine 6, p. 391 (Elsevier, Amsterdam 1980).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Hayashi, F.B.Ch. West and H. Brandenberger: to be published.Google Scholar
- 8.A. Sakushima, F.B.Ch. West and H. Brandenberger: to be published.Google Scholar