Amino Acid Sequencing of Peptide Mixture: Structural Analysis of Human Hemoglobin Variants (Digit Printing Method)
Two strategies for determining the amino acid sequence of abnormal peptide containing amino acid substitution were developed. One is the mass spectrometric analysis of the peptide mixtures obtained by different kind of enzymatic digestions. Another is the combination of the sequenator with mass spectrometry. Two new abnormal fetal hemoglobin variants were determined by these techniques.
KeywordsFast Atom Bombardment Peptide Mixture Edman Degradation Hemoglobin Variant Field Desorption
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Barber, R.S. Bordoli, R.D. Sedgwick and A. N. Tyler: Annual Conf. on Mass Spectrom. and Allied Topics.Minneapolis, 351 (1981).Google Scholar
- 4.H. Matsuda: At. Mass Fundam. Constants 5, 185 (1976) and commercial high field mass spectrometers.Google Scholar
- 6.T. Matsuo, H. Matsuda and I. Katakuse: Adv. in Mass Spectrom. 8, 990 (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Shimonishi, Y-M Hong, T. Matsuo, H. Matsuda and I. Katakuse: Chem. Lett. 1369 (1979).Google Scholar
- 8.T. Matsuo, I. Katakuse, H. Matsuda, Y. Shimonishi, Y-M Hong and Y. Izumi: Mass Spectroscopy (Japan) 28, 169 (1980).Google Scholar