Increase in Absorbed Wave Energy by the Phase Control for Air Flow on OWC Wave Power Device
As one of the methods to increase in efficiency of wave energy absorption by the point absorber wave power generator, the phase control was proposed by K.Budal et al.. It is the method to make the float of point absorber oscillate as same as under the condition of resonance in any sea condition. Authors applied this method to the oscillating water column (OWC) type device and investigated the optimum control method, the increase in efficiency and the effect on an air turbine generator . The principal results of these studies are reported in this paper.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K. Budal, et al.:The Norwegian Wave Power Buoy Project, Proceedings of the 2nd International Symposium on Wave Energy Utilization, 1982Google Scholar
- H. Hotta, et al.:Fundamental Study on Phase Control for Air-Flow to Improve on Wave Power Absorption (2nd report), Journal of the Kansai society of Naval Architects, No. 194, September 1984,( Japanese )Google Scholar
- H. Hotta, et al.:Increase of Wave Energy Absorption Ratio by Phase Control, Proceedings of the 1st Symposium on Wave Energy Utilization in Japan, November 1984, ( Japanese )Google Scholar
- B.M. Count:On the Physics of Absorbing Energy from Ocean Waves, Ph.Dr.Thesis, Dept. of Physics, University of Exerter, 1982Google Scholar
- Y. Washio, et al.:Full-Scale Perfomance Tests on Tandem Wells Turbine, Proceedings of the 1st Symposium on Wave Energy Utilization, November 1984, ( Japanese )Google Scholar
- S. Raghunathan, et al.:Efficiency, Starting Torque and Prevention of “Run-Away” with Wells Self-Rectifying Turbines, The 2nd International Symposium on Wave Energy Utilization, 1982Google Scholar
- T. Miyazaki, et al.:Investigation of the Wave Propagation Detection Method in Phase Control, Proceedings Symposium of the 1st Energy Utilization, November 1984, ( Japanese )Google Scholar