Development of a CO2-Waveguide Laser with Wide Tuning Range
Design considerations and the actual hardware development of a cw-CO2- waveguide laser with a wide tuning range of about 1.4 GHz are presented. The laser is developed as local oscillator source for the Intersatellite Laser Link ISL2 /1/. However, the laser can be used in many different applications as well, like master-oscillator for injection-locked single-mode TEA-lasers, spectroscopy, or local oscillator in heterodyne radiometers and coherent lidars.
KeywordsTuning Range Local Oscillator Small Signal Gain Waveguide Laser Wide Tuning Range
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).W. REILAND, M. ENDEMANN, W. ENGLISCH, B. DÖRBRAND: Intersatellite CO2 Laser Links: Transceiver System Optical Design, Laser 85, MünchenGoogle Scholar
- (3).R.L. ABRAMS: Appl. Phys. Lett. 25, 1411 (1974)Google Scholar
- (4).M. ENDEMANN, W. ENGLISCH: Beam Pointing and Coherent Detection for Laser Data Links, Final Report for ESTEC Contract No. 4673/81 /NL/HP (1984)Google Scholar
- (5).M.ENDEMANN, W. ENGLISCH: Development of a receiver Unit for Laser Data Links - Local Oscillator Laser -, Final Report for ESTEC Contract No. 4324/80/NL/HP (1982)Google Scholar
- (8).E.A. MARCATILI, R.A. SCHMELTZER: Bell Syst. Tech. Journ. 43, 1783 (1964)Google Scholar