Modelling Mixed Valence Systems Using the Generalized Anderson Model
With the aid of a generalized version of the infinite U Anderson model the strong coupling properties of mixed valence systems may be modelled by means of an expansion in 1/degeneracy about a broken symmetry state. The technique leads to new conceptual picture where the strong coupling divergence of the Kondo coupling constant is a direct consequence of Goldstone mode fluctuations about the broken symmetry state. The crossover to strong coupling is a vestage of the broken symmetry phase transition and we are able to relate the interactions and the charge and spin correlations of the heavy Fermi liquid to the fluctuations about this broken symmetry state.
KeywordsHelium Coherence Haldane Blin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 4.P. W. Anderson, in Valence Fluctuations in Solids, editors L. M. Falikov, W. Hanke and B. Maple ( North Holland, Amsterdam, 1983 ).Google Scholar
- 5.S. Chakravarty, Proc. March Meeting American Physical Society, (1982).Google Scholar
- 10.N. Andrei and P. Coleman, Institute for Theoretical Physics Preprint, UCSB, CA 93106 (1985).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Ruckenstein, private communication.Google Scholar
- 14.P. Coleman, Institute for Theoretical Physics Preprint, UCSB, CA 93106 (1985), to be published.Google Scholar
- 15.H. Keiter and J. Kimball, Int. J. Magn. 1 233 (1971).Google Scholar