“Predicting Performance Times of Robot Systems”
sets of element tables for given robot designs
computational performance models for given robot designs
The task input to the RTM analyser is the RTM specification of work method for a given industrial robot, whilst the output is the performance prediction for the specified method. Reference 2 uses a linear regression equation to predict elemental RTM times as a function of the distance travelled during a specific motion. However, the reference also indicates that there is a surprisingly large variation about the mean trend line when measurements are made on the Stanford Arm. It is also possible to show that the approach can lead to large prediction errors when the robot motion pattern contains a number of small segments(3).
KeywordsIndustrial Robot Model Reference Adaptive Control Quadratic Regression Model Large Prediction Error Active Force Control
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (1).McDaniell, E. and Gong, G.,(1982). The language of robotics: Use and abuse of personification. IEEE Trans. PC-25 (4), 178–181.Google Scholar
- (4).Gold, B. (1982). Robotics, programmable automation and international competitiveness. IEEE Trans.EM29, No. 4, 125–145.Google Scholar
- (5).Fohanno, T. (1982). Assessment of the mechanical performance of industrial robots. Proc.6th Int.Conf. on Ind. Robot Tech. Paris. 349–359.Google Scholar
- (6).Engelberger, F. (1980). Robotics in Practice, Kogan Page, London.Google Scholar
- (10).Dubowski, S., and Des Forges, D.T., (1979). Application of model reference adaptive control to robot manipulators. IEEE Trans. AL25, No. 3, 468–479.Google Scholar
- (11).Lee, C.S.G.,(1982). Robot Arm, Kine- matics, Dynamics, and Control IEEE Computer, Dec. 62–80.Google Scholar
- (12).Asada, H., Kanade, T., and Takeyama, I., (1983). A direct drive manipulator in B. Rooks “Developments in Robotics 1983”, IFS Pub. Bedford, U.K.Google Scholar
- (13).Lewis, H.J. (1985). M.Eng. Thesis, UWIST, Cardiff. (in preparation).Google Scholar
- (14).Drazan, P.J. (1984). Development of Placemate Pneumatic Robot. Journal of Robotic Society of Japan, Vol. 2, No. 4. 22–25.Google Scholar