CAFPLAN-I: Computer Aided Factory Planning System-I
This paper deals with the problem of cell formation encountered in the early stage of the fundamental design process for the realization of Cellular Manufacturing Systems based on Group Technology. CAFPLAN-I is a human-computer interactive software package which has been developed to solve the cell formation problem. It is particularly useful for such practical situations that alternative machines exist in manufacturing processes. This paper presents the basic concept and the cell formation procedure through the application of CAFPLAN-I to a hypothetical case study.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- (3).Edwards, G.A.B., Correspondence, Production Engr. 51 (1972) 278.Google Scholar
- (6).Rajagopalan, R. and Batra, J.L., Design of Cellular Production Systems: A Graph-theoretic Approach, Int. J. Prod. Res., 13 (1975) 567579.Google Scholar
- (10).King, J.R. and Nakornchai, V., Machine-component Group Formation in Group Technology, Int. J. Prod. Res., 20 (1982) 117133.Google Scholar
- (11).Chan, H.M. and Milner, D.A., Direct Clustering Algorithm for Group Formation in Cellular Manufacture, Jrnl. Mfg. Syst. 1 (1982) 65–75.Google Scholar
- (15).Oba, F., Kato, K., Yasuda, K. and Tsumura,T., Cell Formation in the Design of the Flexible Manufacturing Systems, Proc. the 5th Int. Conf. Prod. Eng. (1984) 769–774.Google Scholar