To provide guidance to any potential buyer of a major Marine Manuevering Simulator, the following outline of recommendations and specifications is offered. The items included could, considering any vessel characteristics, satisfy in terms of “feel and visual accuracy”, the fidelity that ship’s simulation demands.
KeywordsTraining Simulator Apparent Distance Port Facility Vessel Characteristic Underwater Topography
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Diane M. Gayeski & David V. Williams-- Interactive Media--(Prentiss Hall, 1985 )Google Scholar
- 2.D.Dey, U. Hohage & Manfred Schmidt--Models for Shiphandling Simulators--MBB, Bremen, Germany, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.T.J. Hammell--The Training Device is More Than a Simulator- Marsim Proceedings, 1981.Google Scholar
- 4.Max H. Carpenter--How Much Simulator is Really Needed in Maritime Training--SCS Simulation Technical Journal,1984.Google Scholar
- 5.Joseph J. Puglisi--An Overview of IMSF--SCS Conference, Norfolk, Va.Google Scholar