Resonant Photoemission and PSD of Rare Earth Oxides
Recently we have investigated the 4d → 4f giant resonances in electron and H+-ion yield spectra of oxidized Sm, Eu,and Yb . Here we report on a continuation of this experiment, i.e., PSD from a metal overlayer system which consists of oxidized Yb on bulk Sm metal. Experiments were carried out at the Hamburger Synchrotronstrahlungslabor HASYLAB at the storage ring DORIS with the FLIPPER-monochromator. Photoelectron spectra were recorded with a commercial double-pass cylindrical mirror analyzer (CMA). A time-of-flight (TOF) mass analyzer utilizing the time structure of the storage ring was used for the detection of the photon-stimulated desorbed ions.
KeywordsPhotoabsorption Cross Section Auger Decay Cylindrical Mirror Analyzer Resonant Photoemission Storage Ring DORIS
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Kunz, J. Schmidt-May, F. Senf, J. Voss, A. Flodström, R. Nyholm and R. Stockbauer, submitted to Surface ScienceGoogle Scholar
- 4.L.I. Johansson, A. Flodström, S.E. Hornström, B. Johansson, J. Barth and F Gerken, Surface Science 117, 475 (1982)Google Scholar
- 5.R. Nyholm, I. Chorkendorff and J. Schmidt-May, Surface Science 143, 177 (1984)Google Scholar
- 6.F. Gerken, A.S. Flodström, J. Barth, L.I. Johansson and C. Kunz, physica scripta, to be publishedGoogle Scholar
- 7.R. Jaeger, J. Stöhr and T. Kendelewicz, Phys. Rev. B 28, 1145 (1983); Surface Science 134, 547 (1983)Google Scholar