The Geometric Structure of the (2 × 2) GaAs(111) Surface
We present results of a reconstruction model proposed for the (2 × 2) GaAs (111) surface. Our model suggests similar reconstruction mechanisms for the (111) and (110) surfaces. In both cases, surface electronic energies are lowered via orbital rehybridization between nearest-neighbor Ga and As atoms with dangling bonds.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 47.2S.Y. Tong, A.R. Lubinsky, B.J. Mrstik, M.A. Van Hove: Phys. Rev. B17, 3303 (1978)Google Scholar
- 47.3S.Y. Tong, W.N. Mei, G. Xu: J. Vac. Sci. Tech. B2, No.3 (1984)Google Scholar
- 47.4R.D. Bringans, R.Z. Bachrach: This Volume, p.308Google Scholar
- 47.5S.Y. Tong: In Progress in Surface Science, Vol.7, ed. by S.G. Davisson (Pergamon, New York 1975) p.lGoogle Scholar
- 47.6S.Y. Tong, M.A. Van Hove: Phys. Rev. B16, 1459 (1977)Google Scholar
- 47.8S.Y. Tong, W.M. Kang, D.H. Rosenblatt, J.G. Tobin, D.A. Shirley: Phys. Rev. B27, 4632 (1983)Google Scholar
- 47.9S.Y. Tong, K.H. Lau: Phys. Rev. B25, 7382 (1982)Google Scholar