Structure and Temperature-Dependent Polaron Shifts on Si(lll) (2 × 1)
Recently Demuth et al. [27.1] studied the temperature dependence of ultraviolet photoemission (UPS) and electron-energy-loss (EELS) spectra of Si(111)(7 × 7). Theyfound that significant temperature-dependent changes occur in occupied surface states and their transitions, thus suggesting important electron-phonon coupling at the surface.
KeywordsExtra Electron Surface State Electron Dimerized Chain Polaron Effect Intermediate Coupling Model
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- C.D. Chen, A. Selloni, E. Tosatti: To be publishedGoogle Scholar
- G. Chiarotti: In Theory of Imperfect Crystalline Solids, Trieste Lectures 1970 (IAEA, Vienna 1971)Google Scholar
- 27.6Y. Toyozawa: In The Physics of Elementary Excitations, ed. by S. Nakajima, Y. Toyozawa, and R. Abe, Solid State Sci. Vol.12 (Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, New York 1980)Google Scholar
- 27.7G. Chiarotti, S. Nannarone, R. Pastore, P. Chiaradia: Phys. Rev. B4, 3398 (1971)Google Scholar
- 27.8K.C. Pandey: Phys. Rev. B25, 4338 (1982)Google Scholar
- 27.9W.P. Su, J.R. Schrieffer, A.J. Heeger: Phys. Rev. B22, 2099 (1980)Google Scholar