Development of Finite-Amplitude Disturbances in Poiseuille Flow
The process of three-dimensional distortion of previously two-dimensional disturbances was investigated in a rectangular channel. For the first time the three-dimensional structures at the breakdown station of the two-dimensional wave were studied by flow visualization. It was shown that the structures have forms identical to ∧ -shaped vortices in a boundary layer of the flat plate. The spanwise spacing of the ∧ -shaped vortices is quite independent of the mean flow velocity and of the frequency of artificial disturbances.
KeywordsVortex Vorticity Smoke Cond
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Herbert, Th.: AIAA Paper No. 83–1759 (1983).Google Scholar
- 2.Goldshtic, M.A.; Lifshitz, A.M.; Shtern, V.N.: Doklady Acad. Sci. of USSR v. 273 No. 1 (1983) 75–78.Google Scholar
- 4.Nishioka, M.; Iida, S.; Kanbayashi, S.: 10-th Turbulence Symp., Inst. Space Aeron. Sci., Tokyo Univ. (1978) 55–62.Google Scholar
- 5.Kozlov, V.V.; Ramazanov, M.P.: Preprint 21, Inst. Theor. Appl. Mech., AN SSSR, SO (1980).Google Scholar
- 7.Kozlov, V.V.; Ramazanov, M.P.: Izv. SO AN SSSR Sec. Tech. Sci. v. 8 (1981) 45–48.Google Scholar
- 10.Saric, W.S.; Kozlov, V.V.; Levchenko, V.Ya.: AIAA Paper No. 84–0007 (1984).Google Scholar